3 day E-Bike Cycle, Shuttle, accommodation package
From NZD $1,500.00
- Duration: 4 Days (approx.)
- Product code: 3 day E Bike Incl
Bike and stay on the Twin Coast Cycle Trail
Self-guided, 3 night - 4 day package
E-bike hire, shuttles and ferry crossings, luggage transfer, panniers if needed, 3 breakfasts, and 2 dinners, entry into Wairere Boulders included.
$1500 pp priced in a twin share or double, E-bike
If you don’t have a car we can arrange shuttles from Paihia to Kaikohe on Days 2 & 3 and from Kaikohe to Paihia on Day 4 - $100 per couple per shuttle extra.
Does not include: dinner on the first night, all lunches, and drinks.
– singles, and extra shuttles from the airport or elsewhere - will be priced upon application, just ask!
ItineraryDay One – check-in and explore Paihia - Dinner not included
- Arrive Paihia
- Check in and stay Paihia
Day Two – 34kms slightly downhill cycling
- Breakfast served at your accommodation
- Drive Kaikohe to our base for 9am, get kitted out with your bike – standard or e-bike – Depart by 10 am latest.
- Cycling East! - Our team will get you comfortable and give you day 1 riding instructions – best places to stop for lunch and snacks and photo opportunities – where and what time to meet our shuttle.
- Shuttle back from Kawakawa (3pm) to Kaikohe to return to your car and drive back to Paihia for your 2nd night stay – you may want to call into Ngawha Springs on your way back for a soak (not included in the package price) – but if you would like to book – we suggest the 4 – 6 pm session Thurs to Sun – we advise pre-booking https://www.ngawha.nz/
- Dinner at your accommodation
Day Three – 45 kms slightly downhill cycling (with a little bit of up)
- Breakfast served at your accommodation – check out.
- Drive to Kaikohe base for 9am once again – park your car here in our secure carpark for the night - bring luggage to base – with your name clearly labelled for the transfer that day to your onward accommodation.
- Cycling West! Same drill as the day before - get kitted out with your bike – standard or E-bike – Depart by 10 am latest. Our team will give you their
recommendations on the best places to stop for lunch and snacks and photo opportunities.
- Cycle to Horeke and your accommodation.
- We suggest that you ride on to Māngungu Mission house – a spectacular site overlooking the harbour. This is where the largest signing of the Treaty of Waitangi in the country took place, with over 70 chiefs adding their assent before a crowd of up to 3,000 people. – stop for a moment and soak up the amazing views. Return to your accommodation.
- Your bags will be shuttled to your accommodation by 3pm.
- Dinner is included here and will be served around 7pm so you will have a little time up your sleeves for a walk around and soak up the atmosphere of this
sleepy rural Northland village that in yesteryear used to be a thriving port and had the oldest hostelry in NZ.
Day Four – between 10 and 25kms cycling – shorter option is mainly flat riding and longer version is steep uphill for parts see below for details!
- Continental breakfast served at your accommodation between 7am – 8 am.
- Pack up your luggage and leave it at ‘reception’ to be collected – with your name clearly labelled for the transfer that day back to our base and your vehicle in Kaikohe.
- Ride to Wairere Boulders – A bush walk on a private nature reserve that exhibits internationally unique geological rock phenomena.
- Next, you have the Ranui ferry waiting for you at the Horeke Wharf to take you to Kohukohu for your afternoon cycle – load your bikes on and enjoy the 20-minute journey listening to the crew tell you stories of the Hokianga harbour!
- Disembark the Ranui with your bike and you have 2 options take a short 3km leisurely cycle to the ‘Narrows’ and join the car ferry over to Rawene – you have time to potter and enjoy both of these quirky villages Kohukohu and Rawene before you meet your shuttle back to Kaikohe.A couple of options for lunch here - either the pub or the cafe in Kohukohu or wait until you get to Rawene.
- Or, take the longer option a loop that takes you UPHILL to an amazing viewpoint with 180-degree views of the Hokianga harbour waterway, this is a rural dirt road – so you will be sharing your ride with cars but – they are few and far between – we recommend if you do this 16 km loop you choose an Ebike for your package – it is spectacular but definitely a tough one with just peddle power! You will ride down to the narrows and meet the car ferry to Rawene – you will need to meet the 3pm (shorter option) or 4pm (if riding the longer route) ferry. You will have some time to potter around the quirky town of Rawene before your pick up.
- Our van will meet you in Rawene at 5pm for your shuttle back to Kaikohe base and your car! Your bags will be waiting for you at base on your return.
This is a self-guided tour but we will provide you with daily maps and instructions to make sure you stay on the right route! You will get these close to your trip departure date – and our team at base can run through with you as well on day 2